Maryland Medical Assistance
Maryland's Public Mental Health System requires that most mental health services be approved or preauthorized by a private agency working for the state. As of September 1, 2009, that agency is ValueOptions Maryland. We verify your eligibility, benefits and obtain preauthorization for services.
Carefirst, BlueCross BlueShield, Federal Employees Program (FEP)
Carefirst BlueCross BlueShield provides various plans to accommodate patients including HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity, Federal Employees Program (FEP) and more. Because each plan differs providers must call to verify eligibility, benefits as well as any pre-auth requirements.
Aetna provides various plans to accommodate patients. Because each plan differs providers must call to verify eligibility, benefits as well as any pre-auth requirements. Live Well & Thrive participates in the following Aetna plans:
- Aetna Choice® POS & POS II (Aetna HealthFund®)
- Aetna Choice® POS & POS II (Open Access)
- Aetna Health Network Only℠ (Open Access)
- Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund® s)
- Aetna HMO and Open Access
- Managed Choice® POS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cigna offers Medicare and Medicaid products and health, life and accident insurance coverage primarily to individuals in the U.S. and selected international markets.
- Follow your employer’s medical plan requirements to make an appointment with a psychiatrist (a mental health medical doctor), a therapist or an inpatient treatment hospital. Your doctor, counselor or therapist may also refer you and help you coordinate care or treatment.
- Pay your share of costs according to your plan. For plans with a deductible, pay for covered care until you meet the plan deductible, if the plan has one. When you meet the deductible, the plan starts to cover some or all of your costs as outlined in your plan documents. Your mental health and substance use coverage is included under your employer’s medical plan; there’s no separate deductible.
Mental health care includes services and programs to help diagnose and treat mental health conditions. These services and programs may be provided in outpatient and inpatient settings. Medicare helps cover outpatient and inpatient mental health care, as well as prescription drugs you may need to treat a mental health condition.